View results

Latest topics

An Interview with Sushant Singh Rajput

View previous topic View next topic Go down

default An Interview with Sushant Singh Rajput

Post by Guest on 3/3/2010, 10:51 pm

Sushant Singh gets personal

Reporter: Soumita Sengupta/Hill Road Media

Sushant Singh Rajput, who is doing well in Zee TVís show Pavitra Rishta gets personal with Indya.com. He spoke to us from the early days of his career till date; on how he landed with Balaji and what all are his future plans. So, letís see what Sushant (who is an Engineering student) has to say about his careerÖ

Tell us something about your background before you joined the industry?
I am from Delhi, with five siblings. And I am the younger one, so I have been pampered till date. Then just like my other family members, I also joined Engineering in Chemical and I also got scholarship for my studies. But then I joined Shiamak Davarís dance group because I was always interested in dancing and that was my first step towards glamour world.

Back to top Go down

default Re: An Interview with Sushant Singh Rajput

Post by Guest on 3/3/2010, 10:52 pm

So, was the journey easy?
I never found it difficult but it was not so easy. When I went for my first stage performance and people appreciated it, that day I realised that I can do something in the glamour world because many people appreciated my dance talent.

That was the first time when I got an opportunity to dance with Aishwarya Rai. And my guru Shiamak mentioned that I should move to Mumbai if I wanted to make a career in the glamour world. After returning to Delhi, I got myself enrolled in Barry Johnís theatre class.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 3/3/2010, 10:54 pm

Being from a studious family, and you yourself being so studious, was it easy to convince your parents that you wanted to opt for a glamorous career?
No, my sisters donít stay here in India and I donít stay with my parents, I was all alone in Delhi so they dinít even know that I was doing theatre and all. But when I joined Shiamak and when he told me that I should shift to Mumbai, then only I informed them that I am just giving it a chance, if it didnít work I will come back and continue engineering and they all agreed. It was not tough to convince them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 3/3/2010, 10:55 pm

So, how was it when you came to Mumbai?
I was very happy and excited. Initially I did many shows and theatre. I trained myself in acting and dancing. I even trained myself in Martial Arts from Allan and Amin. And then I joined Mohit Suri as an assistant director for Raaz 2 and was enjoying direction a lot. At that time, somehow I was sure that I want to go ahead with direction but then I got an offer from Balaji.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 3/3/2010, 10:57 pm

Who spotted you from Balaji?
I was sitting with my friends in Prithvi Theatre, when I got the offer from Balaji. Actually, I used to do many plays and one of Balajiís executiveís spotted me. Then, I gave the auditions for Preet in Kis Desh Mein Hai Meraa Dil and they liked my appearance.

Although my character was not the male lead, it did get a lot of footage because of the popularity. And you will not believe that I was almost about to leave for my further training in Film Direction in New York Film Academy but then, I got an offer from Balaji.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 3/3/2010, 11:00 pm

So now, being Manav in Pavitra Rishta, whatís the response like?
Itís good and I am happy with the way my career is shaping. Everyone liked the show and I am getting a good review.
It is always said and even we have noticed that the stars who Ekta establishes, if ever out from the show, have not able to establish themselves as a star again. So howís your relationship with Ekta?
I had heard a lot about Ekta before I joined her but seriously she is a genius, she knows what is going to work and what not? She knows from which actor she can take out what. Which is wonderful and I have a great rapport with Ekta. She gives a chance to everyone to establish themselves individually as a star.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 3/3/2010, 11:02 pm

The show is doing so well, have you encountered any of your female fans or women who tell you something about your character, especially the communication gap between you and Archana in the show?
(Laughs) Ohh yes! Few days ago itself, when I was at Lokhandwala, one lady suddenly came to me and said ďPlease Archana ke saath aisa mat karo, zara dono baat karke suljhalo jhagdaĒ. Many times,I have met ladies who love the show.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 3/3/2010, 11:02 pm

So, as you said, you want to make your career as a director, and now your show is doing well, will you not continue pursuing your career further as a director or try your luck in Bollywood?
See, both are close to me in perspective ways. I love both jobs, as in acting and directing. Let some days pass and once I am done with Pavitra Rishta, I will go further in direction and will also try my hand in films. But right now, I am concentrating on my show.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 3/3/2010, 11:04 pm

As itís a very common concept in Television, especially in Ektaís show, that it takes a leap, so will you be a part of the show, even it takes 10 years to 30 years leap till your grandchildrenís?
If itís a matter of 5 years, I donít mind if I would just have small kids. But if I am asked to go old with grey hair, I will not continue.

Back to top Go down

Post by pushpa on 13/5/2010, 5:15 pm

pushpa
New Bie
New Bie

Female
Zodiac: Taurus Tiger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pushpa on 13/5/2010, 5:54 pm

hai sushanth, i like your acting and dance.i love your cute smile.i love you.me quite hurted for your having grilfrd. ..good luck for your future and life.your so handsome yar,bye. have a good time

pushpa
New Bie
New Bie

Female
Zodiac: Taurus Tiger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top